Across the month of May, Young Gun of Wine (YGOW) will host a series of online events to replace its annual Top 50 tasting events.
YGOW will host the virtual tastings with the top 50 winemakers of 2020 along with other experts in the field. Most of the events will run for about an hour and the online attendees will be able to ask questions to the makers and experts via the online event.
No wine tasting can happen without the wine, so participants will be able to purchase a selection of mixed wine packs from leading wine retailer
“We’re taking the content of what was one massive Top 50 winemaker event and breaking it into seven sample sized virtual events. Not only will people be able to engage from the comfort of their homes, across the seven events they’re going to be able to explore more with each winemaker than they would by attempting to meet all 50 winemakers at once.
“What we’re bringing together is more than a broadcast chat – guests are going to be able to taste along and ask questions, and at each event we’ll be connecting with more than half a dozen winemakers aroundAustralia, and more than 50 across the series, plus some other special guests,” said YGOW founder Rory Kent.
This is a free event, however you do need to register online as the broadcast will be private. Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a link to join the virtual event.
What: Young Gun of Wine Top 50 Virtual Events
When: Tuesday, May 12 – Saturday, May 30
Price: Free; however bookings are essential To Book Click here
- Tuesday 12 May, 6.30pm AEST: Adelaide Hills
- Sunday 17 May, 4pm AEST: Western Australia & Pet-Nats
- Wednesday 20 May, 6.30pm AEST: South Australia & McLaren Vale Grenache
- Friday 22 May, 5pm AEST: Victoria & New Shades of White
- Tuesday 26 May, 6.30pm AEST: Tasmania & Pinot Noir
- Thursday 28 May, 6.30pm AEST: NSW/ACT & Alternative Barossa
- Saturday 30 May, 4pm AEST: Macedon, Yarra, Mornington, Geelong & Gamay