What’s better than a dram after a long day as you toast to a highly anticipated episode of Game of Thrones? Well…that would be toasting with a glass of whisky that represents the kingdom you’re rooting for of course.
The collection comes from a diverse range of distilleries from Scotland, each having their own unique characteristics, producing a distinctive whisky representative of its local terroir. DIAGEO was inspired by these profiles to pay homage to the specific houses and characters from the show.
“We’re excited that the Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection will be hitting shelves in more countries around the world. We are always trying to find fun and interesting ways to introduce our Scotch portfolio,” said Pedro Mendonca, Global Reserve Marketing & Malts Director.
A couple of examples of how these whiskies represent aspects of the show can easily be seen in the Cardhu Gold Reserve. It represents the House of Targaryen and the fiery spirit from their fierce female leadership of Daenerys Targaryen. Infact, the Cardhu Distillery was also pioneered by Helen Cumming and her daughter-in-law Elizabeth in the 1800s, a time when the whisky industry was almost entirely male-dominated.
The resemblance of Royal lineage is the main common factor between the Royal Lochnagar 12-Year-Old and the House of Baratheon. Similar to Robert Baratheon ruling the Seven Kingdoms upon the Iron Throne, Royal Lochnagar was deemed a whisky worthy of a royal family as it was granted a Royal Warrant after Queen Victoria and Prince Albert visited the distillery in 1848.
Available to purchase from liquor stores nationwide from the end of March.
Recommended Retail Prices:
- House of Stark – Dalwhinnie Winter’s Frost, RRP: $99.99 for 700ml, ABV 43%
- House of Tully – Singleton of Glendullan Select, RRP: $99.99 for 700ml, ABV 40%
- House of Targaryen – Cardhu Gold Reserve, RRP: $99.99 for 700ml, ABV 40%
- House of Lannister – Lagavulin 9-Year-Old, RRP: $129.99 for 700ml, ABV 46%
- House of Greyjoy – Talisker Select Reserve, RRP: $99.99 for 700ml, ABV 45.8%
- House of Baratheon – Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old, RRP: $129.99 for 700ml, ABV 40%
- The Night’s Watch – Oban Bay Reserve, RRP: $129.99 for 700ml, ABV 43%
- White Walker – Johnnie Walker, RRP: $64.99 for 700ml, ABV 41.7%